Join us as a Volunteer!
From time to time, we find ourselves needing some more terrific volunteers... Let us know you're interested & we'll let you know what we need! Thanks!
A. LifeShelter Community Breakfast Program
- set up, serve and clean up for our 2 weekly breakfast meals. (7:15am - 9:15am Wed, Fri.)
This one is for the ' early birds! '
B. LifeShelter Emergency Shelter
- staff our daily intake.... 7 days a week from 7:00pm - 11:00pm. You can volunteer as little as one shift per month.
- The first thing you will need to do is obtain a Criminal Record Check (CRC) from your local Police Department. (NG Police do not charge for LifeShelter related checks)
- Shelter volunteers are staffed in teams of 2-3 volunteers. Training will be provided upon approval.
- Volunteers must be age 19 or older
After you have your CRC, we will go over your application form
and schedule an interview. Thanks for your interest!
I am interested in volunteering with the Shelter
I am interested in volunteering with the Breakfast Program
I am interested in volunteering wherever needed
LifeShelter Emergency Winter Shelter Application Form
(A program of The LifeCenter)
189 Marsh Street,
New Glasgow, NS, B2H 4R2
Proudly powered by